Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Should I wait this blogging fad out?

John Bell says, 'no way':

"I guest-lectured at a colleague's graduate class at Johns Hopkins where I also teach a class. One of her students - a young man in his twenties studying to enter marketing and/or communications - asked seriously, "Can I just wait out the whole blog-thing, wait till it fades away or do I have to pay attention to what's happening?"

Didn't expect that question from him, a digital native. But I do hear it a lot from business "gray-hairs" - the digital immigrants. The short answer is that blogging will not fade away like a fad. I certainly believe there will be a "leveling off" of the explosive growth we have seen. But too many people have found a voice and a reward for publishing their POV to expect that to recede It is part of a movement that will continue to grow and change affecting how we market from this moment forward. ... "

Read the rest at the Digital Influence Mapping Project

No comments: